Awesomeness is happening on May 9th & 10th
Join us for a weekend long hackathon for teens ages 12 - 18!
32 hours of making and hacking cool projects like robotics, quad copters, rc's, mobile and web apps, or whatever your imagination wants to build!
Saturday, May 9th, 9am - 5pm
Sunday, May 10th, 9am - 5pm
Hacker Lab Sierra College
4084 Granite Drive Rocklin Ca
Click here for more details
Important: Please bring your laptop!
Do I have to stay for the whole two days?
No, but to get the most out of it, we recommend you do.
Can I leave my kid?
Yes, you can but not forever.
What is going to happen?
Day 1 is educational fun with making, learning, and hacking.
Day 2 is building, presenting and celebrating.
Who are the teachers?
The teachers are volunteers in the community. Most are local entrepreneurs or students.
What should I bring?
Bring a laptop, if you can. We recommend it but it's not necessary.
Please wear comfortable clothes.
Are we fed?
Yes, we serve three meals a day for the entire two days,
What can the participants build?
Electronics, Art, Mobile and Web Apps.
Can I bring in a project I am already working on?
No, you must build or create an entirely new project for the event?
Do we stay all night?
If you are working on a project. The latest you can stay is 10pm on Sat
1. Fresh Code, Design, etc.To ensure a level field for all contestants, all code, design, art, music, SFX, and assets must be created during the duration of the Hackathon. We want to ensure that all participants start off on the same footing and we also want to preserve the true nature of a hackathon. You are, however, free to make plans, create wireframes, and brainstorm prior to the event. The only exception to this rule would include material that is freely available to the public. Some examples of this would be: public domain images, creative commons music, open source libraries. We take this rule very seriously for the sake of all members attending the event. Failure to comply may result in the offending team's disqualification.
2. Code Review If your team qualifies for prizes or is in the top five, the team will be subject to a code review to verify that there was no foul play.
3. It’s okay to Hack! Feel free to use any tools, tricks, gems, shortcuts, or workarounds you’ve discovered over the years to help you build quicker. Use any frameworks, hosting service, etc. you please.
4. Ownership and IP All teams retain full ownership of what they have created during the Hackathon.
5. Team Size Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed.
6. Be Open We welcome attendees from all backgrounds. This event is about increasing the overall amount of innovation, partnership, and engagement in our community.
7. Be Respectful Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally.
8. Have fun It’s a hackathon! Have fun, meet new people, learn new things. Event's like these are often life-changing, so make the most of it, relax, and enjoy the event.
Hacker Lab is a community driven hacker and maker space, that focuses on education, entrepreneurship, and innovation.